Between volunteering for, and beginning, this stint I thought I ought to do my homework, and find out the meaning of Ubi.
By pressing that magic google button, I found an ubiquitous Software/Games firm but also a few other clues.
- The Union Bank Of India – Good People to Bank With
- Unione Buddhista Italiana, which was founded in Milan in 1985
- Upper Bann Institute of Further and Higher Education – Focus on Your Future
- Ralph’s Useless Bits of Information
In the Middle Ages, the Islamic sect “Hashishiyun” was made up of men who smoked hashish before fighting. This is the origin of the word “assassin”.
- Zanggroep Ubi Caritas – they’re a Dutch singing group
- The Ubi 1™ Nanomechanical Test Instrument is the newest member of the Hysitron family. It is a cost effective dedicated scanning nanoindenter.
- Universal Basic Income – in New Zealand, it seems
- United Bicycle Institute
- L’Unione Bonsaisti Italiani – dedicated to Bonsai. In Italy.
And best of all, Ubi Caritas – a blog by
Catholic. Progressive/liberal/radical/activist. Feminist. Bisexual. Recent college grad and now elementary teacher in NYC for Teach for America. Aspiring political pundit, aspiring politican, world-changer, do-gooder, conscience-follower, truth-seeker, lover and affirmer. All the news analysis, political opinion and religious analysis that you can handle. All in one place: Ubi Caritas Deus Ibi Est…because truly, “Where there is love, there God is.”
Yesterday, he wrote interestingly about how he came out to his priest and parents
I know, I know, I’m supposed to provide links, but you know how to Google, if you really must…