You called me last night on the telephone
And I was glad to hear from you ’cause I was all alone
You said, “It’s snowing, it’s snowing!
God, I hate this weather.”
Now I walk through blizzards just to get us back together.
We met in the springtime at a rock-and-roll show
It was on the Bowery when it was time to go
We kissed on the subway in the middle of the night
I held your hand, you held mine,
it was the best night of my life.
‘Cause everyone’s your friend in New York City
And everything looks beautiful
when you’re young and pretty
The streets are paved with diamonds
and there’s just so much to see
But the best thing about New York City is you and me.
– They Might be Giants, New York City
Reasons That This is Obviously My Song:
1. Um, it’s about New York City and being young and pretty.
2. Falling in love is sort of my new thing.
3. I do sort of hate the snow sometimes.
4. The best thing about New York City is you and me, baby.