1 sweet potato
1 red onion
2 sticks celery
1 clove garlic or a blob of garlic puree
2 tsp pesto or basil in oil
2 sun dried tomatoes
Small chunk of strong cheddar cheese
- Pre-heat the oven to 200 degrees centigrade and oil an oven-proof dish.
- Half-fill a pan with water and put it on the heat. Peel and chop the sweet potato, and cut the aubergine in half lengthways. When the water starts to boil, put the potato in the pan, and the aubergine in a steamer above it. Both take about ten minutes to cook.
- Chop up the onion and fry very gently in olive oil. Chop the celery and the sun dried tomato and add these to the onion along with the garlic (crushed, chopped, whatever) and the basil. Season with salt and pepper and cook slowly until the potato and the aubergine are ready.
- After it has steamed for ten minutes, put the aubergine to one side to cool slightly. Drain the potato and add it to the other vegetables, stirring hard to mash it up a bit.
- Put more water on to boil for rice.
- Carefully hollow out the aubergine, chopping the removed flesh and adding it to the pan.
- Put the two aubergine shells in the baking dish and heap the vegetable mixture into them. Cover with grated cheese and bake in the oven for ten minutes during which you can cook the rice.